You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
In this role you will be:
- Developing new user-facing features primarily using React.js, Html and Css (Sass)
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Support older applications built using JQuery and vanilla JS
You will demonstrate:
- Strong understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3
- Strong understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to present ideas to technical and non-technical audiences effectively
- Ability to work between high and low levels of detail in order to collaborate closely with architects and engineers to deliver high quality front-end products
- A passion for modern front-end development practices across web and mobile
Essential skills and experience:
|Web Service/API integration||2+|
|Build tools: Grunt/Gulp/Bower/Yeoman/Require||3+|
|Responsive Web Design||3+|
|CSS build tools/Frameworks: SASS/LESS/Stylus/Bootstrap/Foundation||3+|
|Version control: Git/TFS/SVN||3+|
|Design tools: Photoshop/Sketch||3+|
|Web performance analysis, debugging and tuning||2+|
|Web accessibility standards and compliance||3+|
|Cross-browser and device testing, JS unit testing, JS TDD and automated CSS regression testing||3+|
TH_NK is a digital transformation agency. We work with our clients to set and realise their digital ambitions.
10 years has taught us that the need for digital transformation comes in waves. When, in a perfect storm organisations are no longer aligned to a common goal, customers’ expectations outpace their experience, and technology becomes a constraint rather than an enabler.
At TH_NK we uniquely blend the skills and talent from the three kinds of partner clients typically need today. We combine the business focus of consultancies, the customer centricity of agencies, and the tech capability of systems integrators. We believe this makes us a partner for change.
Our success has come from building a team atypical from your average agency.
A team with the expertise and passion to help companies truly integrate digital within the hearts of their business. We are an 80 strong team of consultants, creatives, analysts, data scientists, designers and engineers; supported by client services and project managers. All smart, progressive TH_NKers who love what they do.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org