Do you want to learn from the industry leaders, and innovators in the IT sector? Then start your career at Bigfoot!
Baltic Training Services and Bigfoot Networks are delighted to be recruiting for IT Support Apprentice to join their team based in Newcastle.
Why choose an apprenticeship?
Do you want to earn money, whilst gaining qualifications, business expertise, and boost your career prospects? Unlike traditional education, apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a mentor, and training from industry experts. In fact, research has shown apprentices can earn £4,000 more than those in similar job roles. If you’re ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
About the Employer
Bigfoot Networks were founded 4 years ago. They offer a wide range of services within their business. They use IT support plans to customise business’ specific needs which can be accessed by remote support. As well as this, the installation team take on projects from start to finish. For example they may have to help in the process of office moves and move various computers and cables and all of this would have to be reinstalled. Bigfoot also deal with hosting, cabling, backup and Wi-Fi. With this being said the role is predominantly a telephone/helpdesk based role.
Tasks to be trained in
· Maintaining ICT equipment
· Providing technical assistance
· Installing and configuring hardware
· Resolving faults
· Upgrading or replacement of equipment as needed
Training to be provided
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- Business Processes
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Coding and Logic
- 5 GCSE’s A*-C including Maths and English
- Good attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Good communication Skills
- Passion for learning
- Passion for technology
We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don’t feel like you tick every box – get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- 9,00am – 5.00pm (37.5 hours per week) with 30 minutes lunch
- £157.50 weekly salary
- 20 days holiday entitlement per year
- On-site experience
- Onsite Café and gym
– There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Location & Travel
- Free car parking onsite
- 3-4 minute walk from Metro Centre
- Located in Gateshead 7-8 Delta Bank Road
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage of your application. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand your knowledge with the links provided!