Division: BE Technology Services
Salary Band: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
Closing Date: Monday 7th August 2017
Purpose of Job
• To work alongside a competent and cohesive Business Systems team to drive and create operational excellence.
• To implement an effective Business Systems infrastructure strategy
• To lead the design and ongoing delivery of BE Group’s ICT and infrastructure ensuring it remains fit for purpose and future proofed
• To ensure the business delivers maximum performance and benefit from its use of ICT
Scope of Job – Main Responsibilities
Underpinning all of the responsibilities is to ensure that the groups information communication technology supports the most efficient and brilliant service delivery at all times.
• Lead the continuous improvement of ICT infrastructure
• Ensure that the groups infrastructure is both effective and cost efficient at all times with appropriate contingency plans in place with reference to disaster recovery
• Proactively recommend alternative approaches that could support continuous improvement across the group
• Ensure compliance with appropriate external standards including; environmental, quality, people, and data as well as government frameworks
• Ensure an effective maintenance and repair service is in place through support provided personally as well as using external resources as appropriate.
• Management and administration of the group’s security protocols
• Managing projects from concept through to integration within and across the business
• Undertake inhouse troubleshooting and remedy of day to day issues
Outsourced ICT contracts & suppliers
• Management and administration (including financial) of all external suppliers relating to ICT infrastructure including mobile and hosted telephony.
• Management of tender processes as and when required to support the renewal or appointment of suppliers
• Management and administration of the groups outsourced helpdesk service via SLA’s
Position within organisation
• The role reports to the Operations Director of BE Group.
• The role is required to be a “challenging force” within the organisation to ensure our ICT infrastructure support brilliant service delivery and operational effectiveness.
Dimensions & Limits of Authority
• The role holder is fully responsible for decision making in terms of staff management, including recruitment,
performance (KPI setting and monitoring), recommending salary levels within company grading structure, and
• The role holds sub-budget holder status and in particular is responsible for development and delivery of the
company capital expenditure programme. In undertaking, evaluating or approving procurement related activity
it is the responsibility of the job holder to ensure all relevant procurement legislation and obligations have been
adhered to and the activity conducted in accordance with the BE Group Procurement procedures.
• Operational decisions for the team can be taken by the role holder, with ratification of decisions from the
Operations Director of BE Group as required. Decisions impacting on the broader business or political state of the
company should be referred to the Chief Executive of BE Group.
BE Brilliant Standards
• To embrace and demonstrate with integrity, the standard and behaviours which underpin the Group’s values
• To maintain the highest standard of professional conduct at all times both in business and socially with
colleagues, clients, business networks and partnerships.
• To commit to the principle and practice of Continuous Professional Development and to undertake additional
training to meet individual and organisational needs
• To follow Health & Safety procedures put in place by the Company to ensure the safety of you, your colleagues
and others who may be affected
• To uphold the Company’s commitment to equality of opportunity to all and following BE Group’s Equality,
Diversity & Inclusion Policy
• To support the Company in achieving its Sustainability aims and objectives
• To contribute proactively to sharing ideas, knowledge, and best practice to bring about business improvement
• To undertake any other additional tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post
• To understand and develop strategies at company team and department level
• To champion the values and behaviours across the company and beyond
• To translate strategies into operational plans and activities
• To develop and ensure the consistent application of company policies and procedures
• To understand corporate risks and liabilities and put in place actions to mitigate those risks and liabilities
• To lead the development and implementation of the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy and
Summary of Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Degree level qualification or equivalent formal IT or business-related training
• Strong track record of ICT development and implementation
• Extensive experience of working constructively with third parties particularly outsourced IT contractors
• Sound business acumen and understanding of the project and systems development life-cycle
• Understanding of risks and implications of system implementation and proven track record in managing IT
• Ability to organise own workload and self-motivate to achieve targets
• Ability to carry out general day to day troubleshooting, hardware repairs and installations
• Demonstrable knowledge and usage of cloud based infrastructure and platforms such as; Microsoft 365, Box.com
• Experience of building infrastructure and associated procedures that support business continuity, cyber security
and data protection
Summary of Knowledge, Skills and Experience contd.
• Experience of ITIL certification
• Project Management qualification