Market Intelligence Researcher
Department: Sunderland Software City
Responsible to: COO
Salary Range: £15,000 pro rata
Term: Until September 2018 (with possible extension)
Sunderland Software City (SSC) is a publicly funded, privately led initiative which has the remit of encouraging economic development through the provision of support to North East based software companies.
By supporting software companies to start and grow the North East can build on its reputation as a home to innovation and provide career opportunities for today’s and tomorrow’s generations.
SSC also leads the consortium of universities and LEPs to be one of four regional digital catapult centres known as the North East and Tees Valley Digital Catapult that is based at the Software Centre in Sunderland. The focus for this catapult centre is the around digital manufacturing, emerging technologies and the data value chain.
The Sunderland Software City (phase 3) project is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) programme that is managed by the Department for Communities and Local Government.
As part of the Sunderland Software City business support offering, you will be responsible for the Market Intelligence research on behalf of our clients. Conducting desk-based research answering questions submitted by the SSC team and collecting data to be presented in comprehensive reports.
As well as collecting data and producing reports you may also be required to conduct research on behalf of the SSC team. Researching the technology sector both in the UK and Globally and providing in depth analysis of specific sectors as and when required.
As part of the small SSC team you will have opportunities to get involved in wider activity and we see this role as a fantastic development opportunity for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market research and analysis
- Producing market intelligence reports
- Presenting data and findings in reports on behalf of clients
- Collection and reporting of all required monitoring data in line with our funders;
- Conducting research on behalf of the wider Sunderland Software City team
- Proven experience of market research and intelligence reporting
- Excellent report presentation skills
- Time management and data analysis
- Presenting research findings in clear and concise manner
- Ability to understand and communicate market analysis questions
- Excellent organisational skills
- An understanding of technology sector
- Experience of business focused research