Specifically, we’re hiring for an experienced senior full-stack NodeJS developer.
You’ll be joining a highly talented team of developers and designers with whom you’ll collaborate to produce exceptional work for nice clients.
To thrive in this role, you’ll have:
- A strong, security conscious understanding of MongoDB and query building experience.
- A thorough understanding of working with sockets, SocketIO and Pub/Sub communication channels.
- Experience of working with queueing systems such as RabbitMQ / AMQP.
- Experience of working with Redis and messaging systems.
- A thorough understanding of robust, redundant and scalable NodeJS server infrastructure setup and configuration, mail setup and secure redundant systems architecture.
- Experience of working with AWS systems, including Route 53, EC2, Elastic Load Balancers, CloudWatch, Redis/Elasticache, IAM profiles etc.
- Experience of provisioning HAProxy as a load balancing system with understanding of sticky sessions and how to load balance socket-based communications.
- Experience of build and test pipelines with systems such as Jenkins and Codeship.
- A thorough understanding of responsive design and development.
- A thorough understanding of HTML5 and SASS.
- A thorough knowledge and demonstrable experience of testing and QA processes.
- Knowledge of user-experience best practices across the web and mobile.
- Knowledge of user interaction and accessibility best practises across the web and mobile.
- A working knowledge of GIT deployment processes.
To excel in this role, you’ll have:
- Experience of infrastructure as code-based approaches, especially using Terraform or Amazon CloudFormation.
- Experience of working with Azure.
- Experience of security and penetration testing, such as using OWASP Zap.
- A thorough understanding of PHP development on the LAMP / LEMP stacks.
- A thorough understanding of Objective C / Swift development.
- A working understanding of MySQL and query building experience.
- A working understanding of Elixir.
- Experience of WordPress plugin and theme development.
- Experience of Laravel / Lumen development.
- Demonstrable experience in building to accepted SEO best practices.
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks. E.g. Bootstrap, Foundation etc…
In your role, you’d be responsible for:
- The development and maintenance of cutting edge high-availability, real-time distributed NodeJS systems for a number of clients.
- Building delightful and engaging user experiences tailored to a range of devices.
- Creating products so good people want to use them.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest tools, technologies and approaches.
- Providing quality feedback to peers in the design and development team.
- Challenging and never settling for a ‘good-enough’ mindset.
- Assisting in knowledge transfer.
- Having a high tolerance for memes and GIFs in Slack.
For your time and effort, you’ll get:
- £28,000 – £33,000 starting salary. (DoE.)
- 25 days holiday p/a. (Plus public holidays.)
- Employee pension plan.
- 27″ 5K iMac + 27″ 4K Dell monitor.
- Access to hardware, software and services.
- We’ll pick up the tab for a team lunch every Friday.
- Unlimited fresh-ground coffee and a selection of continental tea.
- The finest Scandinavian furnishings. IKEA counts right?
- Central Newcastle location. (Around the corner from Newcastle Central Station.)