Do you want to be at the forefront of new technological innovation and work with a team of growing of expert software developers?
Baltic Training and Daykin & Storey are excited to be recruiting for a Software Development Apprentice. The role will be technically challenging and rewarding with excellent career prospects.
Why choose an apprenticeship?
Do you want to earn money, whilst gaining qualifications, business expertise, and boost your career prospects? Unlike traditional education, apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a mentor, and training from industry experts. In fact, research has shown apprentices can earn £4,000 more than those in similar job roles. If you’re ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
About the Employer
Established in 2013, Daykin & Storey are a digital transformation agency located in the banks of the River Tyne. Working for a range of clients and on a variety of projects, Daykin & Storey have even designed software to be used during the World Cup!
Tasks to be trained in
- Work with the development team and managers to deliver client projects
- Website, Web App and Database Programming using PHP and MySQL
- Develop mobile and web applications and user interfaces
- Testing of code to ensure the functionality
- Liaising with clients to clarify needs
Training to be provided
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Software Development.
- Software Development Environment, Roles and Structure.
- Software Data, Interfaces & Security.
- Software Development Processes.
- Developing Code Using Good Practices & Logic.
- Software Development Requirements.
- Functional Skills; ICT, Maths and English Level 2.
- A passion for Development
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP or MySQL would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer service experience would be beneficial
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent including English and Maths
We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don’t feel like you tick every box – get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- £4.20 per hour
- Monday – Friday 9.00AM – 5PM (37.5 Hours Per Week)
- 20 Days Holidays plus Bank Holidays
- In house training will be provided
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Location & Travel
Daykin & Storey are located in Gateshead, close to the banks of the River Tyne. Newcastle City Centre is only a short distance away by public transport.
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage of your application. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand your knowledge with the links provided!