In the last two years, three major changes in the marketplace have influenced TH_NK’s technology offering.
Firstly, TH_NK’s positioning in the market as a transformation agency has seen the agency increasingly winning complex technology assignments.
Secondly, we have seen an increasing shift in development philosophy and practice towards product and agile development and design thinking.
Finally, the pace of change for digital technologies continues to advance at rates never seen before. In addition to desktop and mobile solutions, the market has quickly shifted to AI, CUI, IoT etc.
In addition to wider market shifts, TH_NK has become a Platinum Sitecore partner and has won and delivered large scale Sitecore implementations for a number of international customers. Each of these factors has had a major influence on TH_NK’s technology strategy, leading to a reset in the way we structure and run technology within our organisation.
We are now seeking a Technical Director to work under the direction of the Director of Engineering and be responsible for the following areas:
- Leading the technology workstream for a major client project/ programme of work. Will be required to be hands on when needed, depending on project requirements.
- Provide Technical guidance to team of Technical Leads, ensuring their projects are running effectively and they follow industry best practices.
- Contribute to the development of a Centre of Excellence for TH_NK’s engineering practice.
- Work with the DoE to implement strategies within the partner and product network and evangelise TH_NK’s way of working within the industry.
We’re looking for a candidate with experience in:
- Leading technology engineering teams delivering quality work.
- Commercial web and mobile application development experience, preferably within an agency or consultancy environment
- Leading the strategy, architecture, design and delivery of large scale consumer facing technology platforms
- Exceptional experience and passion for modern engineering standards, methodologies and tools.
Other skills include:
- Experience delivering projects on platforms such as Windows, Linux and Mobile (iOS, Android and cross platform frameworks, eg. Xamarin)
- Experience delivering websites, services and applications using a variety of frameworks, i.e. .NET, Java
- Experience with relational database implementations
- Experience with non-relational database implementations
- Experience with CMS platforms such as Sitecore and Adobe CQ
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS
TH_NK is a digital transformation agency. We work with our clients to set and realise their digital ambitions.
10 years has taught us that the need for digital transformation comes in waves. When, in a perfect storm organisations are no longer aligned to a common goal, customers’ expectations outpace their experience, and technology becomes a constraint rather than an enabler.
At TH_NK we uniquely blend the skills and talent from the three kinds of partner clients typically need today. We combine the business focus of consultancies, the customer centricity of agencies, and the tech capability of systems integrators. We believe this makes us a partner for change.
Our success has come from building a team atypical from your average agency.
A team with the expertise and passion to help companies truly integrate digital within the hearts of their business. We are a team of consultants, creatives, analysts, data scientists, designers and engineers; supported by client services and project managers. All smart, progressive TH_NKers who love what they do.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com