Get inspired with Sunderland Software City's email newsletter
Software Engineer C# .NET
Added September 25, 2012
As the need grows for organisations to communicate through efficient and cost effective methods, the demand for online technology capable of reaching a wider audience in an effective, engaging way continues to increase at exceptional pace. The WorkCast Corporation is Europe’s leading webinar, webcasting and virtual event provider, specialising in the design, delivery and deployment of self-service or managed tailor made online solutions for over 150 impressive clients including Sony, Ford and the BBC.
As a small, rapidly growing organisation, all members of the team contribute to the overall success of the business in many ways, getting involved in all aspects of meeting the expectations of the business and customer. This may include periodically being ‘on call’ for our Production Team to escalate technical issues to you.
• Design and develop new functionality, to the core platform or specific client implementations, programming predominantly in C# .NET and MS SQL Server 08
• Conduct analysis on current systems and process, gathering data on flaws, issues, bugs, short fallings, in order to address these in future
• Conduct continuous improvements and developments (planned and re-actional), evaluating and building on success in order to maintain our leading edge technology status.
• Strong and varied development experience in C#, .NET and MS SQL
• Experience of WCF or Web Services
• Skill in Media Encoding and Streaming
• Working knowledge of using secure coding standards
• Awareness of browser compatibility issues
• Be enthusiastic, proactive and confident with a strong professional image
To attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme, life assurance and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays). WorkCast also operates an employee stock options scheme.
Ask a question
You must be logged in to ask questions