Get inspired with Sunderland Software City's email newsletter
UI Designer - part-time/1 year contract
Added October 26, 2012
We aspire to be a great place to work but it’s not just about our impressive benefits list; central location, extensive development opportunities, Microsoft Partnership that makes Perfect Image great, it’s about our people and our culture. We’re a growing company filled with smart, creative people who love what they do and we are now looking for someone to join our UI Design team.
£18,000-£22,000dependent on skills and experience
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata)
• Pension Contribution Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Career development and progression
• Cycle to work scheme
At Perfect Image, there’s no long induction program. You’ll be involved in commercial projects from day one, working alongside excellent software developers, testers, project managers and consultants. You will be constantly learning and developing your skills with work that will challenge you to reach your full potential.
As a UI Designer at Perfect Image you will gain experience through project based work for our clients. This will include, but is not restricted to, producing attractive, accessible and user friendly interfaces for applications across a variety of platforms.
Duties to include but not limited to:
• Work closely with UI design and development team members to create storyboards, proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of proposed and planned applications and features.
• Collaborate with clients to generate a range of innovative and usable graphical designs.
• Produce usable and accessible interfaces based on an agreed design and functional requirements.
• Conduct ongoing research of web-based user interface development best practices.
• Systems testing.
What we are looking for?
You will need to have a good academic background, preferably with a 2.1 or 1st degree (or equivalent) in a design-based subject involving design for web, interaction design and usability or user studies.
A proven interest and experience in designing for the web is essential as well as being fluent with web standards and technologies including CSS & HTML. A good knowledge of usability and coding practices for accessibility is required.
You’ll need to have a real desire to learn and be adaptable to working with different technologies and developing new skills, such as systems testing.
• Education to degree level (or equivalent) with relevance in IT/Business Information.
Closing Date - 9th November 2012
If you want to work at Perfect Image and you believe you have these qualities we want to hear from you. At this stage, all you need to do is email a CV and covering letter explaining your IT and reporting experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask a question
You must be logged in to ask questions