Enviresearch: automation of simulation modelling for pesticide fate in the environment (phase 3)
Enviresearch help companies that produce chemicals, such as pesticides, to register for the ability to sell. They use bespoke software to carry out risk assessments of the chemicals on the surrounding environment.
Enviresearch use multiple desktop applications in order to generate reports on the effect different chemical substances (Pesticides) have on the surrounding environment. The current process is tedious, time consuming and inefficient.
The client has already developed an automated system to speed up the process, by making use of the current models and creating a structured input that will automatically feed the required data into the current models. This has led to a minimum viable product with the outline of the functionality that is required. Phase 2 of the project will build on this to provide a robust, tested platform that can be deployed in a business environment.
Although there is an existing system that completes the required task, it requires the use of 4 different pieces of software to generate a report. This makes the task very time consuming and inefficient. Automating the process will dramatically reduce the time it takes to generate the reports and increase efficiency.
The purpose of this project is to take the existing product from phase 1 (named e-pec) and ensure that it is fit for purpose in a business environment. There are various phases involved in this work. If we consider that the activity of up to this point is Phase 1, then we envisage Phases 2, 3 and 4 to follow swiftly. This scope of this technical specification is Phase 3, but the other phases are included to show the context.
- Phase 2 includes testing, debugging and making some niche improvements to the work of Phase 1.
- Phase 3 includes the development of additional capability of the tool to take into account the available scientific knowledge (known as FOCUS STEP 4), full implementation of the prototype cloud architecture and enhanced data handling procedures
- Phase 4 includes a goal-seeking functionality to use intelligent algorithms to set parameters for the models.
How to respond
All emails should be copied to James Garratt (firstname.lastname@example.org), Charles Hazlerigg (email@example.com) and Wendy Van Beinum (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please register interest by 5pm 14th May 2018 where you will received a Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ).
This will cover your experience in the required areas, your legal status and the availability of human resource to complete the work. Enviresearch will also send you a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
Once this PQQ has been approved and a signed NDA has been received by Enviresearch, Enviresearch will give to the tenderer a specification document (‘Enviresearch High Level Functional Specification’ (dated 18/04/2018)). Please develop a proposal based around the criteria provided in this Specification and submit your response via email no later than 5pm 28th May 2018. If you have any questions regarding this tender opportunity please contact Enviresearch by email using the addresses given above.
Please include the following in your response:
- An overview of the company/individual submitting the proposal
- Detail on how you will deliver the required specification
- Timescales for development (note: all work must be complete by 14 July 2018)
- At least 1 example of relevant work you have carried out on similar projects (please give enough examples to cover all the points in the first criterion below). Enviresearch would like to have the opportunity to talk to these clients.
- Price structure
How we will select a provider
We will use the following criteria to select a provider for this work:
|Demonstrable expertise within the areas of environmental science, simulation modelling systems, database management and cloud services||30%|
|Quality of proposal against tender specification||30%|
|Value for money||20%|
|Ability of company/individual||20%|
Value for Money, please note the lowest score will attract the highest mark, the next lowest tender will attract the next highest mark, and so on.
Due Diligence you will be required to:
- Submit an acceptable PQQ and signed a NDA (unless a NDA is already in existence with Enviresearch) before you receive the Technical/Product specification.
- Sign a contract that ensures that all IP will be signed over to Enviresearch Ltd.