Department: Sunderland Software City
Responsible to: Project Manager
Salary Range: TBC
Term: Until September 2021
Sunderland Software City (SSC) is a publicly funded, privately led initiative which has the remit of encouraging economic development through the provision of support to North East based software companies.
By supporting software companies to start and grow the North East can build on its reputation as a home to innovation and provide career opportunities for today’s and tomorrow’s generations.
The aim of the Digital Skills programme is to challenge pre-conceived ideas, raise aspirations and encourage young people to think beyond their current experience through meaningful encounters with employers. The programme will bring the world of work to life by providing opportunities for young people to understand STEM career pathways, educational pathways and the skills and competencies to help to build successful working lives.
Key to this role is the ability to build and maintain close relationships with secondary school leaders including careers teams as well with representatives from the STEM sectors including local SMEs and corporates.
This role is crucial to the successful delivery of the programme and will require working closely with The Project Manager to develop and deploy a robust plan to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building on existing relationships and developing new business relationships with businesses in STEM sectors to raise awareness of the Digital Skills Programme and ensure engagement.
- Working with secondary school leaders and careers teams to develop a programme that compliments their current activities
- Creating a robust plan to engage with secondary schools to deliver a range of activities designed to highlight STEM career pathways, educational pathways and the skills and competencies to help to build successful working lives.
- Providing regular updates to the Project Manager & highlighting any risks to ensure the project is delivered on time & within budget
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work to targets
- Good communication and negotiation skills to manage expectations
- The ability to use your initiative and make decisions under pressure
- Experience of developing a skills programme that meets market needs
- Experience of delivering a programme of activities for schools
- Experience/Understanding of the STEM Sectors
- Contacts with North East STEM businesses
- Contacts/ experience of working with secondary schools
- An entrepreneurial approach to working
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org