We are looking for strong Computer Science or Web Programming graduates to join our Graduate Program and train as DevOps Engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the award-winning ZeroLight team, working at the forefront of Cloud technology with our world class technology partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA and Microsoft and delivering projects for some of the biggest automotive brands in the business such as Audi, Porsche and BMW. The successful candidate will demonstrate our central values of innovation, collaboration, focus and quality first, joining our successful graduate program and working from our award winning, state of the art studio, LiveWorks, on Newcastle Quayside.
As a member of the graduate program, you will have the opportunity to access mentoring from some of the best brains in technology world whilst working with the latest cutting-edge software and fast tracking your career with a structured program of personal and professional development.
• Develop, implement and debug code and associated tools across the ZeroLight platform.
• Write clear, maintainable and optimal code.
• Test and refine project features throughout the development cycle of the project
• Support project teams on specific demos and projects as required.
• Graduate in a relevant discipline, able to demonstrate skills through examples of work and source code.
• Excellent problem-solving skills illustrated through strong debugging ability.
• Ability to write well-structured, high level code with consideration for both maintainability and optimisation.
• Experience collaborating with other developers whilst at university, preferably on a team project.
• Understanding of a good selection of web technologies including things like…
o Server OS (Linux, Windows Server).
o Server Coding (NodeJS, Python).
o Cloud Services (AWS).
o NoSQL (MongoDB).
o Client coding (HTML5, Java script, CSS).
• This role is part of our Graduate Program. You will complete one year as Graduate Software Engineer and
providing your performance meets the required standards, will be promoted to Software Engineer at the
end of this period.
• Brand new state of the art studios on Newcastle’s famous Quayside.
• Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
• Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
• Up to two-hour lunch break.
• Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
• Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
• Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
• Flexible working hours which allow you to start work any time between 8am – 10am each morning and
leave between 4pm – 6pm.
• Wide range of activities including Board Games night, ZeroLight Quiz, themed parties and group outings
organised by our ZLSocial group.
• Book share scheme
• Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
• Cycle to work scheme (with showers in the studio!).
• Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
• Life Assurance Scheme.
• Childcare Voucher Scheme.
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
• Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
• Official ZeroLight Events including Friend & Family Day, Summer Day and our famous all expenses paid
• Access to external training, mentoring, travel opportunities and conference attendance.
• Ongoing performance management via our ZLTalent platform with regular reviews and feedback and clear
• Annual salary review.
• Free eye test and contribution towards glasses
To apply for this position please send your CV and with examples of your work and source code to