ZeroLight is seeking a Graduate UI UX Designer to join its Marketing Team to work on website design as well as producing marketing materials and artwork for internal and client projects. This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the award-winning ZeroLight team, working at the forefront of 3D technology with our world class technology partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA and Microsoft, developing cutting edge tech projects with hardware providers such as Meta2AR and StarVR for tradeshows like CES and delivering projects for some of the biggest automotive brands in the business such as Audi, Porsche and BMW. This position is based at our state of the art studio, LiveWorks, on Newcastle Quayside. To find out more about our unique company culture, including our recent blog on our Demo Team, visit our Life at ZeroLight page.
• Designing responsive webpages and marketing materials.
• Creating artwork for events, often with quick turnaround times and deadlines.
• Producing and managing basic front-end blog content creation.
• Designing assets for social media.
• Using Office Suite for presentation design.
• Researching current design trends and applying this knowledge to current projects.
• There will be the opportunity to progress on client projects including UI/UX design for web, mobile,
AR and VR.
• A solid understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Confident working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Strong experience working with PowerPoint.
• Experience working with prototyping tools such as Invision.
• Understanding of responsive design and wireframing.
• Understanding and passion for design and emerging trends and implementing this to your work.
• Creative flair, demonstrating excellent eye for detail and the ability to create content with minimal
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively in a team.
• An interest in the automotive industry.
• Experience in print design.
• A keen eye for photography and photo editing.
• Experience designing for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
• Knowledge of Icon design.
• Motion design experience e.g. After Effects.
• Brand new state of the art studios on Newcastle’s famous Quayside.
• Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
• Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
• Up to two-hour lunch break.
• Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
• Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
• Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
• Flexible working hours which allow you to start work any time between 8am – 10am each morning
and leave between 4pm – 6pm.
• Wide range of activities including Board Games night, ZeroLight Quiz, themed parties and group
outings organised by our ZLSocial group.
• Book share scheme.
• Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
• Cycle to work scheme (with showers in the studio!).
• Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
• Life Assurance Scheme.
• Childcare Voucher Scheme.
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
• Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
• Official ZeroLight Events including Friend & Family Day, Summer Day and our famous all expenses
paid Christmas Party.
• Access to external training, mentoring, travel opportunities and conference attendance.
• Ongoing performance management via our ZLTalent platform with regular reviews and feedback and
clear development pathways.
• Annual salary review.
• Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.
To apply for this position please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org