Department: Digital Catapult North East Tees Valley
Responsible to: Lead, Digital Catapult NETV
Salary Range: £28,000 – £34,000
Term: Until April 2021 (with likely extension beyond maternity cover)
As the Innovation Delivery Lead, you will be responsible for managing stakeholder relations and coordinating digital innovation projects as part of Digital Catapult NETV. Digital Catapult NETV’s innovation projects are focused on helping new and existing clients explore the application of emerging technologies within their businesses.
You will be responsible for leading on client project delivery which may include the coordination of innovation workshops, residentials and one-to-one consulting. In addition, you will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for innovation projects within a variety of sectors.
You should therefore be a forward-thinker with an innovative approach to exploring new ideas in order to meet the key objectives of Digital Catapult NETV. You should be interested in the application of emerging technologies to support ethical innovation. You will be an expert communicator, capable of working across multiple departments, sectors and projects. In addition, you will have strong analytical and critical thinking skills to challenge the status quo, delivering business impact for our clients.
Digital Catapult has a mission of accelerating the early adoption of advanced digital technologies across the UK. It does this nationally through programmes of collaboration and open innovation, aligned to a network of local centres. As a regional centre, Digital Catapult North East Tees Valley (NETV) is run by Sunderland Software City and focusses on driving adoption and economic benefit from emerging technology in sectors such as manufacturing and the creative industries.
The key objective of Digital Catapult NETV can be broken down into both supply and demand-based activity. On the supply side, Sunderland Software City seeks to support and bring together the best of UK-based digital start-up companies, universities and freelancers to collaborate on the development and commercial application of emerging technologies. On the demand side, Digital Catapult NETV seeks to educate the wider business community on the competitive advantage that can be gained from harnessing these new technologies.
Digital Catapult NETV activity is delivered through the Digital Innovation Partnership project and is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) programme that is managed by the Department for Communities and Local Government.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, plan and deliver a range of stakeholder engagement activities such as workshops, presentations and residentials;
- Scope and define innovation project milestones in order to meet internal and external KPIs;
- Articulate wide-ranging and complex information to educate clients on the use cases and applications of emerging technologies;
- Represent Digital Catapult NETV by speaking at events, workshops and meetings;
- Identify and develop new business opportunities, as well as further explore those with existing clients to meet Digital Catapult NETV core objectives;
- Work alongside the wider Digital Catapult team to deliver large scale, collaborative projects;
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with external stakeholders such as; the region’s digital business, corporates, universities, Government bodies, Local Enterprise Partnerships and business support organisations;
- Undertake research and analysis to maintain a comprehensive understanding of new technologies and strategic business need & demand, as well as the performance of local markets, specific to the role.
- Experience of leading successful projects that include multiple partners and stakeholders;
- Significant stakeholder management and engagement experience;
- Experience of working with both public and private sector;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to influence people and present complex information clearly and concisely;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and with autonomy in a fast moving, changing environment;
- Interest in emerging technologies such as VR/AR, IoT and AI;
- Confidence to ask probing questions and challenge the status quo;
- Experience of identifying, planning and delivering client projects that drive business improvement;
- Confidence to lead discussion and articulate ideas to a range of stakeholders;
- Ability to influence at a senior level.
- Experience of working with the NE tech sector;
- Previous experience of working in an innovation delivery role;
- Understanding of emerging technologies including VR/AR, IoT and AI;
- Understanding of Digital Catapult strategic objectives;
- Entrepreneurial attitude.
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification;
- Substantial and relevant experience may be acceptable as an alternative.
How to apply:
For an informal discussion about the role please contact email@example.com
If you are interested please review the attached job description and send a CV and covering letter to Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 12noon, 23rd March 2020
Shortlisting Interviews (by phone): w/c 30th March
Interviews for shortlisted candidates: w/c 6th April 2020