Digital Catapult has a mission of accelerating the early adoption of advanced digital technologies across the UK. It does this nationally through programmes of collaboration and open innovation, aligned to a network of local centres.
As part of a network of three local Digital Catapult Centres, Digital Catapult Centre North East and Tees Valley is run by Sunderland Software City and focusses on driving adoption and economic benefit from emerging technology (immersive technologies, future networks and artificial intelligence) in traditional industries and businesses such as manufacturing and the creative sector.
The key objective of Digital Catapult NETV can be broken down into both supply and demand-based activity. On the supply side, Sunderland Software City seeks to support and bring together the best of UK based digital start-up companies, universities and freelancers to collaborate on the development and commercial application of emerging technologies. On the demand side, Digital Catapult NETV seeks to educate the wider business community on the competitive advantage that can be gained from harnessing these new technologies.
The Digital Innovation Partnership project is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) programme that is managed by the Department for Communities and Local Government.
We are looking for someone to join the team to support the development and delivery of innovation projects, on behalf of Digital Catapult Centre NETV and its clients. This role would aim to engage, understand and influence opportunities for collaboration between the region’s digital sector SMEs and the wider business community/corporates.
Through identification of these opportunities, you will assist on delivery of ‘challenge’ based project activity that brings together both supply and demand-based companies to apply business and technology know-how to new commercial opportunities, through a collaborative process.
You will be innovative in your approach to exploring new ideas for opportunity centred projects that meet the key objectives of the North East Tees Valley Digital Catapult.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To develop and maintain strategic relationships with the region’s digital sector businesses, and the wider business community/corporates.
2. To develop and maintain strategic relationships with external stakeholders such as Universities, Government bodies, Local Enterprise Partnerships and business support organisations.
3. Work closely with all Digital Catapult NETV partners, to ensure an integrated and inclusive approach is taken to all project activity, in line with agreed strategic objectives.
4. Develop project concepts and delivery models by working with clients and end user beneficiaries.
5. Undertake research and analysis to enhance knowledge of emerging technologies and their applications.
6. To develop and manage plans relating to opportunity centred projects, in line with all partners.
7. Undertake monitoring and reporting requirements where necessary which will include capturing of innovation projects through photographs and minutes to write up a comprehensive review pack to give to the client.
8. Generate case studies and PR, in conjunction with Sunderland Software City communications team.
9. Deliver any other activity considered appropriate for the role, which promotes and benefits all partners and their clients – including event attendance, partner liaison and networking.
* National and local strategies and policies relating to enterprise & industry;
* National and regional business support structures, systems and services, including the role of public sector funding;
* Specialist sector knowledge appropriate to the role, including public and private sector approaches to innovation.
* Conducting research and analysis; quantitative and qualitative
* Developing, managing and delivering projects;
* Working in partnership with key stakeholders and the private sector to deliver outcomes;
* Using oral and written communication skills to influence people and present complex information clearly and concisely.
* Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
* Substantial and relevant experience may be acceptable as an alternative
Key Skills/Qualifications – Desirable:
* Previous experience of working in similar innovation-based roles
* Understanding of the regional software sector
* An entrepreneurial mindset
* Understanding of emerging technologies including VR/AR/MR, the Internet of Things or AI and machine learning
* Understanding of Digital Catapult strategic objectives
* Public and/ or private sector experience, including knowledge of corporate and/or public procurement processes
* Setting evaluation frameworks and evaluating processes in large organisations
* Funding knowledge including experience of successful bid writing
To APPLY please send your CV to Naomi Morrow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: If your application proves successful, you may be invited to an interview on the 26th February