We are currently seeking an IT Technician to join our established IT Team, offering comprehensive and quality technical support across the company. This is a newly created role ideal for an experienced Technician looking to work in a fast paced and challenging technical environment. We are looking for individuals with high levels of motivation, who are keen to up skill and learn new technologies to support ZeroLight as a business. The successful candidate will be working with some of the biggest brands in the automotive and tech world including BMW, Porsche, Amazon and Intel. This position is based at our LiveWorks Studio on Newcastle Quayside. For more information on our studio and working life, you can visit our blog Life @ ZeroLight.
• Supporting end users to ensure that they are able to fully utilise the IT systems / services.
• Maintaining end user hardware for optimal performance.
• Actively seeking to improve systems and make recommendations to the IT manager to help improve the
end user experience and ultimately increase productivity.
• Maintaining the IT asset management system, ensuring that all current and future hardware / software is
included and up-to-date.
• Fully utilising the IT service desk system, logging all support requests and issues for future tracking and
analysis by the IT Manager.
• Assisting with the daily IT checks to ensure that systems are proactively maintained and that any issues
are diagnosed prior to them causing a major system incident.
• Creating and maintaining documentation on any new systems.
• Providing training to staff, both technical and non-technical where required.
• Supporting the IT Manager on projects, taking ownership of sub-projects where necessary.
• Supporting the implementation and enforcement of ZeroLight’s Information Security policy(s), reporting
any non-compliance to the IT Manager.
• Actively monitoring key systems to ensure that services delivered meet SLAs.
Experience – Essential
• Provisioning IT systems, including desktops, laptops, tablets and other mobile devices.
• Building high end computer systems to a specific specification at a consistent standard.
• Installing, configuring and maintaining Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows 7, 10, Server 2012
R2, 2016 etc.).
• Installing, configuring and maintaining Microsoft Office desktop applications.
• Office 365.
• Updating and patch management in order to keep all systems secure.
• Managing anti-virus & anti-malware systems.
• Network services, including Active Directory, group policy, DNS, DHCP, NTP.
• Managing changes to secure firewall configuration.
• Maintaining networks including the configuration of VLANs and SVIs.
• Use of Hyper-V and or VMWare ESXi.
Experience – Beneficial
• Microsoft failover clusters.
• IP telephony systems.
• Online conferencing (WebEx).
• Apple Mac OS X.
• PAT testing certification.
• Windows deployment.
• Personable and friendly with strong communication skills.
• Ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an IT Support role.
• Microsoft certification advantageous but not essential.
• Willingness to learn new skills and keep knowledge up-to-date with emerging technologies.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks.
• Willingness to work on a shift basis to support 24 hour service availability.
• Brand new state of the art studios on Newcastle’s famous Quayside.
• Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
• Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
• Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
• Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
• Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
• Wide range of activities including Board Games night, ZeroLight Quiz, themed parties and group outings
organised by our ZLSocial group.
• Book share scheme.
• Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
• Cycle to work scheme (with showers in the studio!).
• Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
• Life Assurance Scheme.
• Childcare Voucher Scheme.
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
• Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
• Official ZeroLight Events including Friend & Family Day, Summer Day and our famous all expenses paid
• Access to external training, mentoring, travel opportunities and conference attendance.
• Ongoing performance management via our ZLTalent platform with regular reviews and feedback and clear
• Annual salary review.
• Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.
To apply for this position please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org