The Project Manager will oversee the end to end implementation of our software projects, working directly with automotive clients to ensure the quality and timely delivery of products. They will be involved in the management and support of various internal and external technical projects, building project schedules and driving the programme of work from inception through to successful delivery.
We’re looking for an experienced and well-rounded Project Manager with a passion for technology and innovation. Candidates must have experience within the digital or tech sector, managing technical projects with high levels of complexity.
This role is based at our award-winning, state of the art studio LiveWorks, based on Newcastle’s famous Quayside. To read more about the studio and our unique company culture please visit our Life @ ZeroLight blog.
- Creation and Agile management of multiple projects including for external clients and internal products.
- Awareness of all risks and dependencies and acting on these to ensure the project is delivered on time to the highest standard to the customers satisfaction.
- Managing client expectations with diplomacy, ensuring consistent communication that includes the right level of detail and the ability to translate complex technical information in a way that is understood by all.
- Ensuring that clients understand when information is needed from them and providing them with the support and tools to provide this in the correct format, coaching them through complex requirements to secure positive outcomes.
- Ensuring project scope is well defined and understood by key stakeholders, including regular communication on progress through weekly reports and highlighting changing parameters and scope in a timely manner.
- Clear, concise and frequent reporting against agreed metrics.
- Client management via call, correspondence and meeting attendance (for which travel and overnight stay is required on average once a month).
- Resource planning, team assembly and capacity planning.
- Experienced in managing complex technical projects.
- Motivated, confident, self-aware and highly analytical.
- Inclusive, positive and co-operative working attitude.
- Problem solver.
- Ability to deal with clients at all levels and display high emotional intelligence.
- Project or team manager with experience of commercial project delivery.
- Proven success managing end-to-end projects, motivating teams and delivering on time and on budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Proficient in Jira, Confluence or similar PM software.
- Knowledge of Scrum and other Agile development techniques.
- Enthusiasm for overseas travel.
- Ability to make critical decisions and be accountable for outcomes.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality output.