Digital Catapult has a mission of accelerating the early adoption of advanced digital technologies across the UK. It does this nationally through programmes of collaboration and open innovation, aligned to a network of local centres.
As part of a network of three local Digital Catapult Centres, Digital Catapult Centre North East and Tees Valley is run by Sunderland Software City and focusses on driving adoption and economic benefit from emerging technology (immersive technologies, future networks and artificial intelligence) in traditional industries and businesses such as manufacturing and the creative sector.
The key objective of Digital Catapult NETV can be broken down into both supply and demand-based activity. On the supply side, Sunderland Software City seeks to support and bring together the best of UK based digital start-up companies, universities and freelancers to collaborate on the development and commercial application of emerging technologies. On the demand side, Digital Catapult NETV seeks to educate the wider business community on the competitive advantage that can be gained from harnessing these new technologies.
The Digital Innovation Partnership project is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) programme that is managed by the Department for Communities and Local Government.
We are looking for someone to lead on evaluation and procurement activity, on behalf of Digital Catapult Centre NETV and its clients. This role would aim to engage, understand and influence opportunities for innovative approaches to procurement and evaluation of digital and innovation projects across both private and public sector clients.
Through identification of these opportunities, you will lead on delivery of innovative procurement approaches from concept to roll out of solutions whilst always keeping the best interest of the SME suppliers in mind. You will be innovative in your approach to exploring new ideas for opportunity centred projects that meet the key objectives of the North East Tees Valley Digital Catapult.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To develop and maintain strategic relationships with external stakeholders such as; the region’s digital business, corporates, universities, Government bodies, Local Enterprise Partnerships and business support organisations.
2. Undertake research and analysis to maintain a comprehensive understanding of strategy and policy relating to business need & demand, and the performance of local markets specific to the role.
3. Policy research and evidence-based analysis on behalf of clients and NETV itself.
4. Advising on procurement approaches that are best for specific clients on a project by project basis; this may include writing of formal tenders and assisting in creating new frameworks.
5. Preparing reports and presentations to advise clients on options, risks and appropriate actions.
6. Carrying out evaluation work to monitor the impact of previous innovation projects and provide recommendations for future work including setting a benchmark for a successful innovation project.
7. Undertake research and analysis to enhance knowledge of emerging technologies
8. Undertake monitoring and reporting requirements where necessary.
9. Deliver any other activity considered appropriate for the role, which promotes and benefits all partners and their clients – including event attendance, partner liaison and networking.
10. Develop and maintain knowledge of funding mechanisms on behalf of clients and NETV and write/ advise on funding applications where appropriate.
* National and local strategies and policies relating to enterprise & industry;
* National and regional business support structures, systems and services, including the role of public sector funding;
* Specialist sector knowledge appropriate to the role, including public and private sector procurement mechanisms
* Conducting research and analysis; quantitative and qualitative
* Developing, managing and delivering projects;
* Procuring expensive products & services through formal public and/or private sector procurement frameworks
* Setting evaluation frameworks and evaluating processes in large organisations
* Working in partnership with key stakeholders and the private sector to deliver outcomes;
* Using oral and written communication skills to influence people and present complex information clearly and concisely.
* Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
* Substantial and relevant experience may be acceptable as an alternative
Key Skills/Qualifications – Desirable:
* Previous experience of working in similar evaluation/procurement based roles
* Entrepreneurial attitude
* Understanding of the regional software sector
* Understanding of emerging technologies including VR/AR/MR, the Internet of Things or AI and machine learning
* Understanding of Digital Catapult strategic objectives
* Public and/ or private sector experience, including knowledge of corporate and/or public procurement processes
To APPLY please send your CV to Naomi Morrow at email@example.com
Please note: If your application proves successful, you may be invited to an interview on the 26th February.