ZeroLight is seeking an experienced and driven UI/UX Designer to join its multi-disciplinary design team. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about delivering outstanding customer experiences to our automotive clients including Cadillac, Lamborghini and Audi. It’s paramount that we produce the highest level of creative design for these world leading automotive brands and we require innovative and forward thinking individuals to do this.
The successful candidate will be responsible for devising and implementing high-standard design from concept to delivery. They’ll be managing client projects from a design perspective and working closely with clients to ensure that the vision for each project is realised effectively, whilst collaborating with marketing, development and commercial teams internally to deliver creative and innovative websites, microsites, mobile applications, branding elements and digital marketing content.
This role is based at our award-winning, state of the art studio LiveWorks, based on Newcastle’s famous Quayside. To read more about the studio and our unique company culture please visit our Life @ ZeroLight blog.
- A thorough understanding of user centred design processes, in-depth knowledge of UI design patterns and standards across all devices.
- Strong knowledge of design and prototyping tools, especially Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator and XD). Experience with Sketch, Figma, InVison and Principle will be considered.
- Experience illustrating design ideas using mood boards, storyboards, style frames, wireframes, process flows and prototypes.
- Ability to present and communicate your concepts and design decisions to stakeholders being open to receive and provide feedback to deliver the best possible results.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, keep workload organised within project scope and good time management skill.
- Creative ideas with a strong problem-solving mindset and the ability to challenge conventional ways of thinking and working.
- Animation and general 3D design knowledge (After Effects, Cinema 4D, Maya, Blender).
- Previous experience with time and project management tools like Jira and Trello.
- Comprehensive wellbeing support through our initiative ZLWell which includes access to counselling via our Employee Assistance Program.
- Brand new state of the art studios on Newcastle’s famous Quayside.
- Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
- Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
- Up to two-hour lunch break.
- Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
- Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
- Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
- Flexible working hours which allow you to start work any time between 8am – 10am each morning and leave between 4pm – 6pm.
- Wide range of activities including Board Games night, ZeroLight Quiz, themed parties and group outings organised by our ZLSocial group.
- Book share scheme.
- Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
- Cycle to work scheme (with showers in the studio!).
- Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on the length of service, and all bank holidays.
- Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
- Official ZeroLight Events including Friend & Family Day, Summer Day and our famous all expenses paid Christmas Party.
- Access to external training, mentoring, travel opportunities and conference attendance.
- Ongoing performance management via our ZLTalent platform with regular reviews and feedback and clear development pathways.
- Annual salary review.
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.