Kinewell Energy is looking for software house support to deliver game-changing capability to the offshore wind industry as part of the next phase of its current software product.
Kinewell Energy has developed the KLOC software that optimises the inter-array cable layouts of offshore wind farms. The software was Highly Commended by the IET Innovation Awards. It is estimated that using the software will deliver savings in the region of 20% of CAPEX over the lifetime of a wind farm.
The KLOC inter-array cable optimisation software was initially launched as a consultancy tool for Kinewell Energy in November 2015 following over two years of research and development. Client requests led to Kinewell Energy developing an initial licensed product, which was launched in the summer of 2018. Software house support is required for the next phase of the software which will deliver game-changing capability to the offshore wind industry.
The Project & More Information
A functional specification of the required software house developments has been created by Sunderland Software City. This functional specification and further technical details of the project requirements will be available to interested suppliers following the signing of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with Kinewell Energy.
If you wish to express an interest, please contact Andrew Jenkins of Kinewell Energy at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31st March 2020 with a brief outline of your relevant experience and capabilities. If the company feels that you have the capabilities to satisfy its requirements, the functional specification will be released following the signing of an NDA.
To apply for this tender, please email your final application to Andrew Jenkins of Kinewell Energy at email@example.com by the 14th of April 2020. Please include the following in your response:
- An overview of the company/individual submitting the proposal
- Detail on how you will deliver the required specification
- Timescales for development
- Examples of relevant work you have carried out previously
- Price structure for the proposed scope of work
- Price structure for potential follow-on ad-hoc development work post project
- Expected running costs of the system
How a provider will be selected
The following criteria will be used to select a provider for this work:
|Demonstrable expertise relevant to the project||30%|
|Quality of proposal against tender specification||30%|
|Value for money||20%|
|Capacity/capability of company/individual||20%|
Due diligence – you will be required to:
- Technical/product specification will only be released to providers who can demonstrate relevant experience.
- Sign an NDA
- Sign a contract that ensures that all resultant IP will be owned by Kinewell Energy
- Undertake a Pre-Qualifying Questionnaire (PQQ) process aligned with our funder’s requirements
10th March 2020 Tender publication
31st March 2020 Deadline for expression of interest and questions
14th April 2020 Deadline for tender submission and removal from website