You are invited to submit a quotation for the development and supply of IT support for Sunderland Software City (SSC).
You can read the description below or download it via PDF
Sunderland Software City (SSC) is a publicly funded, privately led initiative which has the remit of encouraging economic development through the provision of support to North East based SMEs. SSC are delivery partners in the Digital Innovation Partnership project which is part financed by the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF), managed by the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG)
By supporting SMEs to start and grow, the North East can build on its reputation as a home to innovation and provide career opportunities for today’s and tomorrow’s generations. SSC aims to ensure that the software sector in this region has the right facilities, the right business support, the right connections and crucially the world class workforce it needs to compete on a global stage.
2. Key Requirements
SSC is currently a team of 16 and currently requires the provision of:
- 16x Office 365 licences with setup and permissions for individual users.
- Option to quickly scale number of licences as required.
- Remote IT support to SSC staff.
In addition, we’d be open to procuring additional services from an appointed provider, such as:
- Consultancy and training in cybersecurity.
- Other staff training if required.
- Development of SharePoint as a shared document management system (or other recommended system).
- Other system and working practice upgrades.
- All staff currently work from laptops (Windows and Mac).
- We currently have no requirement for on-site physical or virtual networking / server / telecommunications setup or maintenance.
3. Next Steps
We are now inviting organisations and consultants to submit a proposal for this work. Your proposal should include in no more than 10 sides of A4 (+ CVs in appendix):
- A brief description of your organisation/area of work.
- A description of how you will approach the requirements for this work; specifically your response should comment on section 3. This should include names of licences to journals and research portals you own/will purchase for the delivery of this work.
- A short description of the expertise that would be applied to this work (including CVs in appendix).
- Examples of any previous work which is relevant (maximum 2 examples)
- A quote for this work including VAT and expenses.
Work carried out during tender response development is at the discretion of the individual organisation and no reimbursement is available for said work.
Quotations shall remain valid for a period of 90 days.
Sunderland Software City does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any quotation, and reserves the right to accept a portion of any quotation unless the supplier expressly stipulates otherwise in their quotation.
4. Selection & Indicative Milestone Process
The following table represents the project timeline:
|Deadline for Receipt of Proposals||5pm 18th September 2020|
|Review proposals and seek any required clarifications||w/c 21st September 2020|
|Presentation by Shortlisted organisations (if necessary)||w/c 23rd / 24th September 2019|
|Contract awarded||w/c 28th September 2020|
The following scoring criteria will be used to evaluate bids:
|Proposed methodology and design of service||50%|
|Relevant experience of staff||30%|
|Value for money||20%|
The value of this contract will be no more than £22,000 (plus VAT) for provision from 1st October 2020 to 31st March 2023.
Electronic version of the proposal must be emailed to Elizabeth Pearse at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm 18th September 2020.
Any queries on the tender should be directed to Laura Kennedy at email@example.com