1. Tender Overview
You are invited to submit a proposal to provide Sunderland Software City with resource to undertake technical and function specification development and support with technical assistance to client businesses.
Sunderland Software City (SSC) is a publicly funded, privately led initiative which has the remit of encouraging economic development through the provision of support to North East based SMEs. The Sunderland Software City Digital Innovation Partnership project is part financed by the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF), managed by the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG)
By supporting SMEs to start and grow, the North East can build on its reputation as a home to innovation and provide career opportunities for today’s and tomorrow’s generations. Sunderland Software City aims to ensure that the software sector in this region has the right facilities, the right business support, the right connections and crucially the world class workforce it needs to compete on a global stage.
The Market Need
We are seeking to establish a supplier who can support the provision of a ‘technical due diligence’ service to our clients. This need arises when software companies are being established or developed by non-technical founders. In many cases people can articulate their requirement in plain English but require this to be converted into a document which can be understood by technical sub-contractors.
3. Delivery Requirements
We are looking for individual/companies to provide the following capabilities:
Provision of support to end user clients in the form of (but not limited to):
* Expert to support in initial conversations with clients;
* Development of functional and technical specifications;
* Client support in finding and recruiting sub-contractor and/or technical staff.
* Many of our clients are App based, therefore the provider would be have knowledge of working across various platforms (ie. iPhone, Android and Windows);
* This is an in-depth piece of work, therefore we anticipate that each client will receive a minimum of 12 hours of support.
We will expect outcomes of this work to be
* Support to external businesses in the form of:
o Initial client engagement after an introduction from a SSC team member
o Attendance at client meetings
o Provision of documents to clients as and when needed (e.g. development of technical specifications as part of a process to engage an external developer)
o Completion of appropriate ESIF documentation (further detail will be provided to the preferred supplier)
* Support to the SSC team in terms of:
o Creating an understand of project need and composition
o Technical support for project activity
The maximum cost for the work is up to £50,000 (ex VAT) as a total spend across selected supplier(s). Costs should be submitted as a day-rate for work. Sunderland Software City reserves the right to choose multiple suppliers for this contract.
5. Next Steps
We are now inviting organisations and consultants to submit a proposal for this work.
Your proposal should include in no more than 5 sides of A4 (+CVs in appendix):
* A brief description of your organisation/area of work.
* A description of how you will approach the requirements for this work. Your response should specifically comment on you experience and ability to deliver the requirements in section 3 in detail.
* Examples of any previous work which is relevant (maximum 2 examples)
* A full cost breakdown for this work including VAT and expenses. This should be a day rate.
* Work carried out during tender response development is at the discretion of the individual organisation and no reimbursement is available for said work.
6. Contract Term
It is anticipated that the contract will begin week commencing 11th March 2019 and cease around the 31st March 2020.
Please submit ONE hard copy and ONE electronic version of your proposal. (Please refer to the address details given below)
Quotations shall remain valid for a period of 90 days.
Sunderland Software City does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any quotation, and reserves the right to accept a portion of any quotation unless the supplier expressly stipulates otherwise in their quotation.
7. Selection & Indicative Milestone Process
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals : Monday 25th February 2019
Review proposals and seek any required clarifications: w/c 25th February 2019
Presentation by Shortlisted organisations (if necessary): w/c 4th March 2019
Contract awarded: Monday 11th March 2019
The following scoring criteria will be used to evaluate bids:
Understanding of project requirements and ability to deliver, included proposed methodology 30%
Relevant experience of staff to be involved in the project, including specific knowledge of the software sector 35%
Value for money 35%
Electronic version of proposal must be emailed to Billy Webber at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Monday 25th February 2019.
Any queries on the tender should be directed to Billy Webber at email@example.com