Sunderland Software City is requesting submissions from independent developers or agencies using Webflow technology to design and build a new website. The deadline for submissions is 2/10/22.
You are invited to submit a proposal and quotation for the design, development, and supply of the primary website for Sunderland Software City (SSC). SSC are requesting submissions from independent developers or agencies using Webflow technology to design and build the new site.
The successful team/individual will work with SSC to achieve the outcomes described in this document.
The evaluation process, timeline and key areas of the assessment criteria are outlined in this document.
SSC is a not-for-profit initiative which has the remit of encouraging economic development through the provision of support to organisations based in the North East of England.
By supporting organisations from pre-startups to enterprise, the North East can build on its reputation as a home to innovation and provide career opportunities for today’s and tomorrow’s generations. SSC aims to ensure that the tech sector in this region has the right resources, the right business support, the right networked connections and crucially the world-class workforce it needs to compete on a global stage.
SSC is procuring support for the design and build of a new fully-responsive website. The new site is needed to reflect SSC’s own growth, vision, and ambition, and to better represent the impact that SSC has had on the region and beyond.
Sunderland Software City (SSC) are delivery partners in the Digital Innovation Partnership project which is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), managed by the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC).
SSC helps North East organisations in multiple ways, including; providing support that helps people discover and access STEM roles and careers, assisting with the creation and scaling of technology based startups, and by contributing towards stability and growth of organisations through the application of new technology. These and other services should be better represented on the new website with user journeys established to allow users to find information that based on their needs.
The no-code software as a service website building platform Webflow has been selected to allow SSC’s internal management of content, design, and future page creation.
Objectives for the design and development of the SSC website are as follows:
- To clearly communicate the key messages, value, and narrative of SSC
- To clearly organise and communicate the services and programmes of activity to a wide range of existing and potential stakeholders.
- Improve contact channels for website visitors to learn about which SSC programmes and services are relevant to them, and to allow them to efficiently express interest.
- To position SSC as a highly credible and impactful service provider, appealing to future and existing stakeholders.
- Help to develop the employer brand, promoting the value, strengths, and benefits to becoming a member of the SSC team.
SSC will supply successful applicants with the following:
- Broad guidelines for SSC visual identity
- Written and visual reference for brand positioning and tone of voice
- An overview of proposed website strategy including indicative site structure and information architecture
- Content (copy, photography, and video will be supplied concurrent to development)
- User stories
- Domain information
We expect respondents to address the following requirements for this work in their proposal:
- Implementation of Webflow CMS
- Design of circa 14–20 pages across 7–10-page style variants. Pages include:
Homepage; About Us, Opportunities (Vacancies, Tender Docs), Insights (Blog, Case Studies), Events listing page, 4x project type pages, Contact, Team
- Video hosting facility
- CMS to allow content upload for blog, events, case studies, tender documents, job vacancies. These should be searchable by keyword tags
- Site search function
- Approach to existing site redirection and retaining SEO equity
- Clear contact channels with appropriate notifications and data management
- Integration with third-party marketing/email automation tool
- Propose third-party extensions and plugins to measure site analytics and performance
We also require the submission of three reference websites that demonstrate the capability of the tendering team/individual.
Supplier Selection Criteria and Scoring
The following scoring criteria will be used to assess and evaluate bids:
|Scoring criteria||Score weighting|
|Display understanding of project requirements|
|Demonstrate processes and plan for successful project delivery|
|Acknowledgement of, and ability to work to, project timescales described below|
|Previous experience of working with Webflow|
|Previous experience of work with the technology sector|
|Provision of suitable case studies demonstrating high quality work|
|Demonstrate value for money within the proposal|
Tender Process Timescales
Publication of Request for Quotation (RFQ) 16/9/22
RFQ clarification questions open* 20/9/22
RFQ clarification questions closed 25/9/22
Deadline for tender submission 2/10/22
Complete review of submissions 7/10/22
Shortlist of applicants created 10/10/22
Applicants contacted regarding awards and rejections 11/10/22 to 14/10/22
Project commencement On or before 24/10/22
Project completion and website ownership transfer 2/12/22
*Questions and answers submitted relating to the project may be anonymised and republished to other applicants.
We are inviting submissions for a total cost of no more than £7,500.
NB. We are separately procuring content including a) copy development b) videography and c) photography.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to apply
Please forward any questions for clarification requirements between 20/9/22 and 25/9/22 to
Please submit a brief response to this document on or before 2/10/22 including:
- Outline of capabilities aligned with the criteria above
- Examples of recent work and relevant experience aligned with the criteria above
- Estimate or indication of costs to be included aligned with the criteria above
Please send by email to:
Sunderland Software City