Digital Catapult North East Tees Valley is looking to recruit an Innovation Manager to lead on client project delivery and stakeholder engagement activities.
We are looking for someone who is excited about working with both tech suppliers and a wide range of organisations to help drive growth and business resilience through advanced digital technologies.
To apply: Send a CV and cover note to Naomi Hutchinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: Tuesday 20th April 2021
Ideally, interviews will take place on the 27th of April.
Please note we are not accepting applicants from recruitment companies at this time.
You can download the full job description via PDF or read it below:
Department: Digital Catapult NETV
Reports to: Lead, Digital Catapult NETV
Term: Fixed Until March 2023 (with possible extension)
Salary Range: £28,000 – £34,000
Please note that while we are currently working remotely based on government guidelines, our office is based in Sunderland and applicants will need to be able to travel to the office when premises reopen.
Advanced digital technologies have a key role to play in improving sustainability and efficiency across industry. Digital Catapult has a mission of accelerating the early adoption of advanced digital technologies across the UK. It does this nationally through programmes of collaboration and open innovation, aligned to a network of local centres. As a regional centre, Digital Catapult North East Tees Valley (NETV) is run by Sunderland Software City and focuses on driving adoption and economic benefit from emerging technology in sectors such as manufacturing and the creative industries.
The key objective of Digital Catapult NETV can be broken down into both supply and demand-based activity. On the supply side, Sunderland Software City seeks to support and bring together the best of UK-based digital start-up companies, universities and freelancers to collaborate on the development and commercial application of emerging technologies. On the demand side, Digital Catapult NETV seeks to educate the wider business community on the competitive advantage that can be gained from harnessing these new technologies.
Digital Catapult NETV activity is delivered through the Digital Innovation Partnership project and is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) programme that is managed by the Department for Communities and Local Government.
It will be your role to identify opportunities, manage stakeholder relationships and lead client project delivery. You will be a forward-thinker with an innovative approach to exploring new ideas in order to meet the key objectives of Digital Catapult NETV. You will be an expert communicator, capable of working across multiple departments, sectors and projects. In addition, you will have strong analytical and critical thinking skills to challenge the status quo, delivering business impact for our clients.
- Lead, plan and deliver a range of stakeholder engagement activities such as workshops, presentations and residentials;
- Scope and define innovation project milestones in order to meet internal and external KPIs;
- Articulate wide-ranging and complex information to educate clients on the use cases and applications of emerging technologies;
- Represent Digital Catapult NETV by speaking at events, workshops and meetings;
- Identify and develop new products and services that will provide new business opportunities, to meet Digital Catapult NETV core objectives;
- Work alongside the wider Digital Catapult team to deliver large scale, collaborative projects;
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with external stakeholders such as; the region’s digital business, corporates, universities, Government bodies, Local Enterprise Partnerships and business support organisations;
- Undertake research and analysis to maintain a comprehensive understanding of new technologies and strategic business need & demand, as well as the performance of local markets, specific to the role.
- Experience of leading successful projects that include multiple partners and stakeholders;
- Significant stakeholder management and engagement experience;
- Experience of working with both public and private sector;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to influence people and present complex information clearly and concisely;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and with autonomy in a fast moving, changing environment;
- Interest in emerging technologies such as VR/AR, IoT and AI;
- Confidence to ask probing questions and challenge the status quo;
- Experience of identifying, planning and delivering client projects that drive business improvement;
- Confidence to lead discussion and articulate ideas to a range of stakeholders;
- Ability to influence at a senior level.
- Experience of working with the NE tech sector;
- Previous experience of working in an innovation delivery role;
- Understanding of emerging technologies including VR/AR, IoT and AI;
- Understanding of how emerging technologies can meet the sustainability agenda;
- Understanding of Digital Catapult strategic objectives;
- Entrepreneurial attitude.