Digital Catapult North East Tees Valley is looking to recruit a Solutions Architect to support delivery of its ambitious Digital Adoption activity in partnership with the North of Tyne Combined Authority.
We are looking for someone who can work with businesses and organisations through discovery and design of digital solutions and who will contribute to the delivery of a project of scale at pace.
We actively encourage applications from people of under-represented groups as we strive to increase diversity in our workplace.
To apply: Send a CV (max 3 sides) and cover note (max 2 sides) to Adam Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date: 5pm, 1st April 2021
Please note we are not accepting applicants from recruitment companies at this time.
You can find the full job description below:
Reports to: Head of Digital Adoption
Term: Fixed Until December 2023 (with possible extension)
Salary Range: £28,000 – £32,000
Please note that while we are currently working remotely based on government guidelines, our office is based in Sunderland and applicants will need to be able to travel to the office when premises are reopened.
Digital Catapult has a mission of accelerating the early adoption of advanced digital technologies across the UK. It does this nationally through programmes of collaboration and open innovation, aligned to a network of local centres. As a regional centre, Digital Catapult North East Tees Valley (NETV) is run by Sunderland Software City and focusses on driving adoption and economic benefit from advanced digital technologies in sectors such as manufacturing and the creative industries.
This role is part of a new programme funded through the North of Tyne Combined Authority to deliver digital adoption activities across Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland, delivered by the Digital Catapult. As an employer, we support the North of Tyne “Good Work Pledge”, which involves committing to five key pillars of good working including health and wellbeing, and social responsibility.
As part of our technical team, this role will lead on the functional and technical design of digital solutions to address real-world challenges being faced by businesses and organisations in the North of Tyne Combined Authority. Working in close collaboration with clients, the Solutions Architect will use business analysis and design thinking skills to develop practical system specifications, detailed development plans and documentation that can be used to support digital adoption.
Outputs developed by the Solutions Architect will be used directly by our in-house development team, directly by clients, or as part of procurement processes and funding applications. The role will be critical in leading and introducing the choice and technical vision for digital adoption solutions for SMEs across the North of Tyne Combined Authority and working with organisations to support their delivery.
This role is funded through the North of Tyne Combined Authority Digital Adoption programme.
- Analysis of the social and technical challenges, existing technology environments and digital requirements for businesses and organisations
- Design and delivery of creative workshops, educational sessions and demonstrations both internally and with clients to share knowledge and co-design new digital products and services
- Production of high-quality reports, technical/functional specifications and project plans that will form the blueprint for SME digital adoption
- Developing prototypes that can be used by SMEs in order to support their process of digital adoption
- Collaboration with the rest of the technical team to deliver new products and services using digital technology
- Working closely with the Digital Adoption Manager to manage scheduling and ensure delivery on time and within specification
- A detailed understanding of digital adoption and driving productivity and efficiency through digital deployment
- Detailed understanding and appreciation of solutions available in terms of custom development, open source solutions and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Ability to work with a wide range of SMEs from different sectors and of different sizes to understand how digital adoption can help them
- Experience of developing functional and technical specifications that are understandable by people without technical knowledge
- Understanding of how digital solutions can affect, or is affected by drivers such as risk, cost, quality, time and resources
- Experienced in software for ideating and production of specifications such as Miro, Balsamiq and Lucid Chart
- Ability to build rapport with clients and respond adequately to their needs and any feedback/input provided
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Understanding of the latest accessibility best practice and legislation to ensure that solutions provided are inclusive
- Knowledge of best practice in the procurement of digital services, and how digital can add value to the funding application process.
- Experience working with businesses and organisations from a wide range of sectors such as retail, cultural venues and the voluntary and community sector
- Experience in creating documentation, educational resources and presentations to explore design and User Experience with colleagues and clients
- Experience in the use of common design and prototyping tools such as InVision, Figma or Adobe XD, and design tools such as Sketch or Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Strong knowledge of business software including the latest SaaS technology, automation and artificial intelligence
- Understanding of the possibilities with advanced technologies such as Internet of Things, Immersive Technology and Distributed Ledger Technologies