South Tyneside Council is looking for an innovative business / businesses from the digital and technology community, to develop a virtual memory box for care leavers and care experienced young people.
The project budget is £30,000 and the application deadline is 12th March 2021. Please complete our EOI for further information.
You can read the brief below or download it via PDF.
You can also read our FAQ via PDF.
South Tyneside Council is looking for an innovative business / businesses from the digital and technology community, to develop a virtual memory box for care leavers and care experienced young people. The project will be managed by Digital Catapult NETV, and will result in the creation of a safe and secure digital environment for the collection of important moments and memories from a young person’s life.
The Virtual Memory Box will allow care leavers and carers, to access important memories and moments, in a secure and safe digital environment. The solution will include the following functionality/requirements:
- The solution would preferably be developed using one of the following programming languages;
If this is not possible this must be justified in the application.
- The digital solution must be hosted internally by South Tyneside Council.
Tone and Style:
- Design should be clean, clear and engaging.
- Use of plain English throughout with options for large type and alternative-coloured backgrounds.
- The solution must be intuitive, easy to navigate with an ability to personalise and organise content;
- Ability for invited users to create an account;
- Ability for users to upload content including images, important documents and video clips;
- Ability for users to download content;
- Ability for the creation of different user types and various permission settings; and
- Must be accessible, mobile and tablet friendly and function across a broad range of devices and operating systems.
- Multi-factor Authentication will be required to login into the solution
- All data stored and processed within the solution must be in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Support and Maintenance:
- To provide full maintenance and support services for a period of 2 years. Following this period the Council retains the right to bring support and maintenance in-house.
- However, charges must be provided for on-going support and maintenance after the initial 2-year period of full maintenance and support has ended should the Council wish to contract these services beyond the initial 2 year period.
The solution should have the potential for future integrations with existing care platforms such as Liquid Logic.
The proposal will be evaluated through the following criteria:
- Key Requirements as noted above; (25%)
- Value for Money (including ongoing maintenance costs); (25%)
- Functionality & Product Highlights; (25%)
- Timescales (Ability to stick to timescales as set out below); (25%)
- Security, specifically including Data Protection Act requirements and external hosting. (Pass/Fail)
|Opportunity launched||12 February 2021|
|Deadline for questions from businesses||24 February 2021|
|Deadline for submissions||12 March 2021|
|Shortlist announced||w/c 15 March 2021|
|Pitch Day||23 March 2021|
|Winner selected, milestones agreed and contracting||w/c 29 March 2021|
|Development of Portal||1 April 2021|
|Go Live of Portal (tba with winner)||June 2021|
There is a budget of up to £30,000 for this project including the development of the solution, maintenance of the platform and technical support for a period of 2 years. Companies who are shortlisted to pitch must give a breakdown of project costs, as this will form part of the evaluation criteria.
Why Get Involved?
This is a great opportunity for a local tech company to make a real impact on young people’s lives in the region. For some care leavers, their childhood memories can get lost throughout their experience of the care system. By creating a Virtual Memory Box, it is the hope that each child leaving care will have a place where they can safely store and access all their achievements and memories from this time. A lot of work has already been done to identify the specific use case and requirements of this challenge; that data will become available to those who apply for the challenge to help shape the submission.
Businesses who are interested in this opportunity can complete a short expression of interest (EOI) online.
Upon completion of the EOI form, we will send you a pack containing more information surrounding the challenge along with a link to the application form.
The deadline for submissions for the application form is 12th March 2021.